Thursday, September 16, 2010

6 Days in Charleston, South Carolina!

Travis' Elk Hunt had finally arrived. He drove out to Payson to begin his 14 day hunt, while I flew out to Charleston, South Carolina to begin my 10 Day East Coast Adventure!! (Travis is a doll and surprised me with the opportunity to visit friends while he was gone - gotta love him!!!) My adventure began with a full day of flying! (8am Arizona time to 8pm South Carolina time) I forgot how much I loved airports and flying; sipping on Starbucks, people watching, short and sweet naps, People Magazine and of course getting sucked into an amazing book-Vince Flynn's Transfer of Power! Once I made it to Charleston (after my first stop in Chicago followed by another stop in Charlotte, North Carolina) I was ready for some friend reunion time! In S.C. I was visiting my girlfriend Gina Stevens, her hubby Shawn and their 4month old baby boy, Aaron!! Shawn recently moved the family to Charleston because of his Ear, Nose and Throat Residency at the Medical University of South Carolina. (They moved from Columbus, Ohio where he received his doctorate) I can now say first hand that it is beautiful in Charleston!! The town was filled with adorable southern accents, kind people, lush green scenery, darling neighborhoods and a wonderful downtown; not to mention neighboring cites are on their own separate islands! (We also visited Johns Island and Mt. Pleasant)
Due to Gina being a new mommy we took our days one by one. We ate lots of designer cupcakes from a shop called Cupcake (love it!), we ate delicious home-made fried chicken at a local kitchen called Jestine's, we walked the downtown sites and the battery as well. Everything was breathtaking; not to mention the incredible plantations and homes with the double porches! We of course spent time playing with Aaron in their quaint new house, watched great girly movies (sorry Shawn) and cooked yummy meals! My favorite part of the whole trip were the beaches on the Atlantic Ocean, OMG! It was so wonderful standing on the gorgeous beaches looking out at the Atlantic Ocean (rather than the Pacific Ocean, which was what I was brought up visiting!) I felt like I was in a Nicholas Sparks book - haha! I think the foliage surrounding the beaches (the tall grass) was so special and I feel so blessed to have shared it with Gina. (Did you know that unlike the Pacific Ocean, the sun sets over the land rather than over the ocean in the Atlantic - it was marvelous!!) Unfortunately, my time with Gina had to come to an end and there were more adventures to be had - 6 days in South Carolina with Gina were wonderful. Next stop, 4 days in Boston with Stephanie! As everyone in the south says... See you soon YA'LL!!!

3 comments:

Anna Kristina said...

wait... you were in Boston?!

La Brisa Photography said...

isn't five guys amazingly awesome???? looks like a super fun trip!!!

Sarah said...

jenna, what a FUN trip!!