Tuesday, April 12, 2011

1st Home Crisis!


After 5 days as new home owners,
Travis and I had our first home CRISIS!!!

Our washing machine decided that after moving across the country and back that it didn't want to stay in one spot anymore. Basically our machine bounced it's way into the center of the room and yanked the water hose out of the wall. Travis and I were working in the guest room when we heard what sounded like a rushing geyser coming from the laundry room. That it was!
Water was shooting out of the hose at full speed. Travis was running ahead of me, and I can still remember it all... he was screaming and running at full speed, but he forgot to slow down as he entered the wet room in his beloved crocs. He went flying into the air and smacked down on his butt in the pool of water that filled the room. I was no help at this point... I fell to my knees in hysterical laughter.
Once we composed ourselves, we waded through the water to the machine and of course we couldn't get it to turn off. In desperation I grabbed the hose and used my hand to plug it up while Travis frantically searched for a bucket. Unfortunately, Travis was so taken by the situation he ended up running around in circles before he could pull himself together to think about what he was going to grab.
We finally got the machine turned off when we realized that every towel we owned was being washed in the washing machine. What a night!
All in all, we had the room spotless by 11pm (2 hours later).
We have decided to look at it this way - no long term damage was done and we now have a have a sparkling, clean laundry room.

***** In honor of our fiasco I have added this link for your viewing pleasure.
The wading-in-water, as well as the attack-of-the-monster-machine portions of this commercial give you an idea of what went down in our new home that night. :)

No comments: